Open: Thursday, December 06, 2018
Closed: Friday, December 28, 2018
Digital Skills for Youth Internship Program- Digital and Media Marketing Graduate
Under the direction of the Corporate Communications and Marketing Strategist, this position assists with the preparation of all digital materials including those used for publicity and promotional materials for the Oshawa Public Libraries. The incumbent will take the lead in providing current and relevant insights into Digital trends in the Broader Public Sector.
Job Title: DS4Y Digital and Media Marketing Intern
Responsible to: Corporate Communications and Marketing Strategist
Hours: 900 hours (6 months) – Full-time 35 hours per week
Rate: $23.00 per hour
- Research ways to reach potential new library users and advocates through digital and print activities.
- Contribute to social media marketing strategies to implement the Library's new branding tagline "Find yourself here". The incumbent will use a variety of digital content and planning tools.
- Stay abreast of and monitor current trends in social media and assist with the daily update and maintenance of our social media platforms.
- Assist with market research activities and create proposals for the Strategist.
- Plan and implement online marketing campaigns for new products, services, and initiatives.
- Contribute content to the Library's website.
- Provide marketing support for Library events including taking photographs to be used in online and print marketing materials
- Develop materials for the Library's Event Guide publication.
- Contribute to various publications external to the Library.
- Attend committee meetings for Library event planning.
- Participate in networking initiatives.
- Liaise and partner with other libraries and other communities agencies in order to share local content.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship.
- Have recently (within two years prior to the start of their internship) completed post-secondary studies. Graduates of degree or diploma programs from universities, colleges, post-secondary schools of technology, postsecondary institutes and CEGEP. These may be either publicly or privately funded institutions.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status.
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance during their internship.
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employments.
- Has not previously participated in a YES Career Focus internship.
- Position must start no later than January 4, 2019, and work half of their 900 hours by March 31, 2019
About the Program:
This program is funded by Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada. Administered by the Ontario Library Association. Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) connects underemployed recent post-secondary graduates with small businesses and not-for-profit organizations where they can gain meaningful work experience to help them transition to career-oriented employment. The DS4Y program will combine valuable work experience and training related to digital skills for underemployed recent post-secondary graduates so that they can successfully transition to the labour market.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “DS4Y Internship.” Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Oshawa Public Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Oshawa Public Libraries will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Oshawa Public Library hires students for part-time work on evenings and weekends. If you are an interested student, please complete the Student Page Application Form or email your résumé to email@example.com.
Student résumés are kept on file for six months from the date received.