Food for Fines
From February 9-17, we will be running a Food for Fines food drive at all 4 branches. For every non-perishable food item donated, $2 will be deducted from fines owing to a maximum of $30 per library card.
Please bring donations into any branch during our open hours. Items will be collected for Feed the Need Durham in Oshawa.
To learn about other ways you can help visit feedtheneedindurham.ca/how-to-help
Suggested Foods to Donate:
- Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces
- Canned meats and fish
- Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, nuts)
- Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
- Dairy (canned and powdered milk)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Whole grain cereals
- Infant foods and baby formula