Did you know that Oshawa Public Libraries is a registered charity? Monetary donations are greatly appreciated and tax receipts will be issued for donations $25 and over.
Make a financial gift to the Library in memory of a reader, or to honour a special person.
Consider a bequest to help ensure continued Library service for future generations.
Encourage the company or business where you work to match a personal or group donation.
Public libraries change lives!
Members of the community can volunteer their time on behalf of the Library in a number of ways.
- Teens seeking community service hours may volunteer with the Teen Advisory Group.
- The Friends of the Library are a community volunteer organisation responsible for the organisation of seasonal book sales providing fundraising support to the Library system.
- Are you 15 years or older and looking to volunteer at the Library? Join our Reading Buddies team and help a child in grade 2 or 3 improve their confidence and reading skills. For more information, please contact Michelle Dicaire at (905) 579-6111 extension 5252. Teens who volunteer can earn community service hours towards their high school diploma.
- Do you have a child that needs a little extra help with reading? Call Brittany at extension 5279 to register your child and have them paired up with one of our Reading Buddies volunteers.
- The Oshawa Public Libraries annual income tax clinics provide an opportunity for trained individuals to assist community members in their tax filing. More information is available here. To volunteer, contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
Become a Member
To register for your own Library card, visit your nearest branch. Bring along proof of identity, including proof of address (e.g., Driver’s Licence, Ontario ID, or a Birth Certificate and Bank Statement) and we’ll register you for a personalised card. More information is available in our Membership Guide.
Regular programs are offered at Oshawa's four Library branches, as well as various community partner locations. Information on all current Library programs may be found in our events calendar.